Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Big days


Today is a big day for me as I have a meeting scheduled with my manager at 2 p.m. going over my draft Annual Review materials. This coming Monday at 2 p.m. is our official Annual Review in which he'll let me know how much he's docking my 2009 Annual Review for not achieving some of the Presbyterian Panel objectives we laid out for me last January (and in general not keeping up with my Panel administration responsibilities as much as we'd hoped I'd be able to) (and in this general down-sizing environment - even though the Haiti disaster - along with the stock market's rebound - might ultimately take a tiny bit of financial pressure off the national church). But today's meeting will give an inkling of what direction he's going in. Of course, I've got to continue to make progress on Panel projects and responsibilities.

Yesterday was a big day for Mom. She made progress accessing funds she'll need to "close" on her Westminster Oaks apartment next week. And given Penny's schedule she set a very ambitious time table of moving during the first week of February, when Penny is now slated to be there. Mom was also interviewed by staff with the possible long-term care insurance insurer yesterday. Friday is her next big medical appointment, as she goes then to see her doctor in an appointment that could help insurance she gets into her apartment (independent living), instead of going to Westminster Oaks' assisted living unit, where she would not be able to eat in the dining room with the independent living residents.

Wish us both luck.

-- Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment