Thursday, November 4, 2010

E-mail from outgoing Congressman Baron Hill


Dear Perry,

I want to take a moment thank all of you who have supported this campaign with your time, your effort, and your generous contributions. None of you need me to tell you that this was a tough race. And while the outcome may not have been exactly what we'd hoped, I want you all to know how incredibly proud I am of the organization you helped build. In all my years in Congress, I have never seen anything like it.

This job has never been about winning elections for me. It's always been about fighting for the people of Indiana and about doing the right thing.

I'm proud of my record, and of all the things we've accomplished over the past two years:
- We created over 3 million jobs and turned around the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression
- We saved the auto industry, preventing the devastation of Indiana's workforce.
- We made college more affordable for millions of students.
- We passed important regulations ending the worst practices of credit card companies and protecting consumers and our economy from risky Wall Street investment schemes
- And of course, we passed historic reform of our broken health care system, expanding access to millions of uninsured Americans.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I believe that when the history books are written, it will be said that it was the Democrats who saved this country. I have no regrets from the last two years, and neither should you.

Betty and I have been deeply moved by the support, hard work and dedication you have poured into this campaign. I don't know yet what the next step is for me in my career of public service, but I hope to see you all again, and I look forward to continuing our walk together.

Sincerely,

Baron


No comments:

Post a Comment