Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New ventures


Only one of three new endeavors for us today panned out. After a 2 ½-year absence, Vincent went back to martial arts classes – Kenpo – down the street, and that seemed to go well, although he said he was a little sore. Although Stephanie and I going back to the gym for the second time in a month (after an eight-month-plus absence) went OK, my effort to shift from physical therapy for my knee to PT for my shoulder, etc. failed, as I miscomunicated in appointment-making with the staff (and I stuck with my knee instead). I’ll try again next week. After sewing lessons with her colleague and twice at Joann Fabrics, Stephanie was excited to go to a two-hour in-home class, with someone she had found on the Internet. But the woman was skeptical about whether Stephanie would be able to alter dresses that Stephanie had found patterns for – patterns that it turns out weren’t exactly Stephanie’s size – and so Stephanie mainly went back to making pajama pants something she had learned and mastered at JoAnn’s last week. Bummer. Now Stephanie’s back to the drawing board, trying to find patterns for clothes that will fit better.

-- Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment