Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bumpy week

Lots going on this week:
- My manager reminded me that I had missed a (somewhat abstract) deadline Monday, which is bad in all kinds of ways, all the more so with May 14 looming. I’m continuing to figure out how to focus more at work (and at this point at home) and scale back anything else I might be doing.
- Stephanie’s principal and her peers around the school district were at a meeting this afternoon after which they were to hear the budget bad news. Stephanie opted not to call her at home to hear whether she’s still got her job.
- Mom is now waiting until Monday for the movers to come to take whatever is left of the tools, furniture, and boxes of stuff that are going to my sister’s. Someone broke in and stole some of the tools last month.
- Stephanie’s mother and stepfather are working and watching as they have their upstairs renovated and figuring out how to cope with a cold downstairs.
- Vincent – slated to come here probably this weekend for a Tuesday doctor’s appointment – called about belatedly trying to get Internet access at home and an extension for his classes (one of which he was almost finished with), which I believe timed out Monday (ironically, same day I missed my work deadline).
- Stephanie’s father and she are making some plans.
- Mom and I are talking about Stephanie and my upcoming Tallahassee visit and what we will do to help her.
- Wednesday I give my fifth and final speech for the Toastmasters “Speaking to Inform” series. It’s a blast from the past – about sociological theorist Max Weber – but we’ll see if it’s also a precursor of things to come.

-- Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment