Friday, August 21, 2009

Challenges


We’re starting to tackle several challenges late this week:

I have a looming student loan repayment, and I need to take care of the paperwork to get the monthly payment reduced. I’m starting to talk about this today. This is obviously something that's going to be complex.

Although this morning it was cooler, Frisco has been wilting in the heat, and – since our planned mid-July Point Pleasant haircut for him didn’t work – we need to get a haircut for him, hopefully this weekend.

Our dishwasher continues to give us trouble, and Stephanie has reverted to handwashing dishes, which is really a pain when she’s not on summer vacation and we’re actually cooking. We’re waiting for the appliance repair person before we start the complicated and stressful process of negotiating with the landlord.

Another appliance that's giving us trouble: We can't find the hose that goes with our vacuum cleaner. We've either thrown it out or hidden it in the house or cars somewhere (by mistake), but - either way - we can only use it as an upright right now.

I’m afraid I might be getting athlete’s foot again, and I’m weighing going to the doctor’s this week.

At work, I’m trying to finish another draft report and Stephanie is trying to nail down her schedule and how and whether she’ll teach new programs.

I did probably wrap up my summer Obama-izing last night.

-- Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment