Monday, August 24, 2009

Nice hotel (May 13-17)


I believe the Westin Diplomat, where the American Association for Public Opinion Research conference was in mid-May, was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. I sat a lot at the desk, from which I unfortunately couldn't see the TV, a lot. Behind the king-size bed was an opening to the bathroom (which had a conventional door also), with the hot tub (which I have to confuse I never used) on one side and the shower on the far side. Below is the desk and sofa and then the balcony, looking out on the ocean from the 61st floor or so.


Below is the hot tub.



Below is another version of the amazing view from the balcony.



And looking up the beach to the north, away from Miami Beach.



There's the balocny. Unfortunately, I didn't get to sit out there very much - partly because I had wired Internet access, and the Internet connection wouldn't extend out there.



Below is another picture from the balcony, of the hotel's two swimming pools. It looks like three pools, but there is really one lower-level pool, and then the upper-level pool (the very heated one - I always swam in their last) essentially extends on a bridge over the lower-level pool. So you could swim from one side of the lower-level pool, then below the upper-level pool (which had a glass bottom, so you could see up into it) to the other side of the lower-level pool - with fountains coming down also. At the very upper left corner of the photo is a tip of the ocean, with the beach chairs in between.



I swam twice. Below on my way out Friday is the lower-level pool - with the upper-level pool bridge at the top of the picture.


Then, below, is the same view, essentially, from the same view, so you can see most of the southern end of the lower-level pool.



Below is a view of the hotel from the beach, with the palm trees shrouding the southern end of the lower-level pool.



Nice pools in nice hotel.
-- Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment