Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunrise in Surfside (May 12)


Andrea invited me to go swimming with her at 6:00 a.m., as she trained for the following weekend's triathlon. I ended up not following through on that, partly because I had stayed up late the night before trying to work on work on Andrea and Christoph's computer. But - me having told her I usually walked (with Frisco) every morning, she encouraged me - as an alternative to swimming - to try walking on the beacn instead, and so I did get up a little past 6 a.m. and walk the two blocks to the beach in Surfside. As I crossed Collins Blvd., an early-morning bus headed towards either South Beach or downtown Miami (above) came up behind me. Below are various pictures of the beach - the water and the coastline - I took during the short walk. Click on the last frame to see a short video (and crank up the volume to hear the surf) . I love Florida!

-- Perry






No comments:

Post a Comment