Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weight Watchers



Stephanie and I have been going to Weight Watchers meetings in St. Matthews (at a newly enlarged Disciples of Christ church on the main St. Matthews drag across the street from my physical therapist's new facility) for more than three years. Both of us lost at the beginning - I about as much as I wanted to - but then we plateaued and - at different times - began regaining weight. We went two weeks ago for the first time in a month. I'm technically a lifetime member - which means I don't have to pay when I'm near or under my goal weight. When we've got money left over in health care flexible spending, this pays for it, since our doctor - who's lost more than 60 pounds through Weight Watchers - has written prescriptions for it for us (including for me to help me lower my blood pressure and for Stephanie to help her improve her cholesterol levels). The personnel for the Thursday meeting have changed, but the personnel for our main meeting - 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays - has been the same throughout and we like them (including Pat, above) and some of the regulars (including two Emilys and Ann from KY Seminole Club). Below I participate in the weigh-in and find my weight - after the Guatemala trip and two weeks traveling in Florida and Ohio - is at an all-time (post-lifetime membership) high.




Below - two weeks ago - our leader, Jean, gave instructions for a new recession-mindful small-group activity while one of the Emilys and her mothers participated (by looking for deals on healthy foods in the grocery ads).



Fellow Crescent Hill church member Laura has recently shifted over to our Tuesday meeting and we were glad to be able to visit with her afterwards.



-- Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment